Currently available tolerance education with art power-point classes presented by artist Akiva K. Segan (autumn 2018 – winter-spring 2019). (A list of other (non-Holocaust, non-human rights educ) art classes follows, below.)
- Background & Influences to the Under the Wings (Holocaust & Fascism victims) art series (Segan art)
- Ten mosaic-drawings of the Under the Wings art series (Segan art)
- Background & Source Imagery to Under the Wings 42: Shoah Dreams. Four by eight feet and portraying 28 people, buildings including 2 Polish synagogues, a Polish Torah crown, an Italian Jewish wedding ring and birds wings, it’s the largest drawing of the Under the Wings series (Segan art)/
- Under the Wings & Sight-seeing with Dignity: Selections from the series on victims of the Holocaust, Fascism in Europe, and contemporary human rights victims art series (Segan art)
- Selected (non-wings series) Holocaust art including the Shoah Trilogy: Elie’s Sin, Bonhoeffer der Jude, and Zlata the Righteous of Bialystok and her son Liebl who lived in Berlin (Segan art)
- My Brother’s Keeper: The Holocaust through Eyes of an Artist: Art by late survivor, artist, award-winning children’s book author Israel Bernbaum.
- My Brother’s Keeper & Under the Wings: Selected Holocaust paintings by late Warsaw raised survivor & award-winning children’s book author Israel Bernbaum; selected Under the Wings art series art by Segan. Bernbaum & Segan corresponded in ’92; Bernbaum passed in ’93.
- Selected human rights art by A.K. Segan, 1972 to the present, including drawings from the Sight-seeing with Dignity series begun 2003.
- Felix Nussbaum: Art, Resistance, Courage & Hope: Paintings by the German- Jewish painter eventually murdered at Auschwitz including pre-war art; self-portraits, still-life works done while in-hiding in Brussels, Belgium.
- Select self-portraits by murdered German Jewish painter Felix Nussbaum; home-life paintings by Polish Jewish Holocaust survivor Toby Knobel Fluek; 3 Segan artworks.
- The paintings of survivor Toby Knobel Fluek, from her book Memories of my life in a Polish Village, 1930-49.
- Selected Under the Wings series (Segan) art portraying Polish- Jewish Holocaust victims.
- Selected Under the Wings series (Segan) art portraying Nazi and Fascist victims of Croatia, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Greece, France, Hungary, Italy, the Netherlands.
- The Third Reich in Austria- Germany; the Holocaust; 5 Protestant German resisters (Segan art).
- Art portrayals of victims of Fascism and the Nazis in Italy, and of the Fascists in Croatia during WWII (Segan art).
- The 10 monumental mosaic-drawings of the Under the Wings series. The victims portrayed include a French priest; a Jewish Croatian woman; a Jewish woman who was a multiple-amputee, probably Polish; an Orthodox Polish Jewish man; a disabled German or Austrian Jewish man, who was an Aktion T-4 victim; a Catholic background Italian anti-Fascist partisan who was a pal of Primo Levi; a very observant (Orthodox) great-grandmother of Segan; and several Polish Jewish children, adults.
- Tolerance education for children ages 5-9; also suitable for teacher education training, and for student-teachers-in-training, e.g university Education departments. Includes select Under the Wings series, Sight-seeing with Dignity series artworks; 3 artworks drawn in 2017 designed for tolerance education with younger age age children immigration: The 2 drawings and a linocut print are about about the Sailing Ship St Louis, 1939 and its quest to seek safe haven for nearly 900 Jewish Germans and Austrians trying to escape Nazi persecution: The Sea monsters & the sailing Ship St Louis (drawing); the Sea Beasties and (drawing) and the Sea demons and… (a linocut).
Drawing for Healing
The DRAWING for HEALING WORKSHOP is facilitated in-tandem following exhibit tours and/or following power-point class presentations.
Six general (non-Holocaust, non-human rights) art power-point classes for all audience ages presentations including seniors/pensioners and elderly:
- Mosaica-Judaica: Mosaics from antiquity to the present day: Ancient Roman era synagogue mosaics; more recent synagogue mosaics; other Judaic themed mosaics; mosaics by Jewish artists.
- Jewish art about the High Holidays: Painting, sculpture, prints (woodcuts, etchings, lithos), some photos and vintage postcards
- Winged Imagery in World Art: From antiquity to the present, of different cultures worldwide. Includes a section on feathery garments including hats.
- Animal Mosaics from Around the World
- Jewish art of Passover: Fine art, some photos, posters, vintage postcards
- Judaica art by Segan: Drawings, linocuts of lamps, menorahs, Torah crowns, Jerusalem, Haifa cityscapes, synagogue depictions